No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?  (Read 3049 times)

Connie

Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 09:45:18 PM »
By the way, is your real name Connie?

Yes, or at least that is what my parents call me :wink:  Although I have been called other names at times  :oops:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jay Kaner

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
Quote from: "grayhorse"
By the way, is your real name Connie?

Yes, or at least that is what my parents call me :wink:  

Funnily enough, that's the name my daughters parents chose for her.  :)

It's cool, in an odd sort of way, but you're the first Connie, other than my daughter, Connie, that I've ever spoken to...typed..had anything to do with!!  

Quote from: "grayhorse"
Although I have been called other names at times  :oops:

Yeah?  Mind you, I got a couple I've been known to utter under my breath at times with my Connie too!!  Must be a Connie thing.   :wink:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 11:45:01 PM »
Okay, my stab (in the dark) is a nut dish. Saw a similar (bowl tilted on side) shape at a home decor home-party.

Go on, prove me wrong  :lol:

Carolyn

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 02:44:56 AM »
Hey Jay,

Thank you for enjoying my 'have at it'.  Have you loaded it up with fruit yet to see how it looks?  :wink:

Isn't it fun to exchange thoughts and ideas and see the different pieces people share.  My personal pleasure is paperweights, but now I am looking at some of my other glass in a whole new way.

Anyway, enjoy your interesting ????.  Maybe one day you'll have a post saying .... I have one just like yours and know for sure it is a .......... made by .......... in ......... and it is worth :shock:!

Til then, all the best .... Lily

Offline Jay Kaner

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »
Quote from: "Lily of the Valley"
Hey Jay,

Thank you for enjoying my 'have at it'.  Have you loaded it up with fruit yet to see how it looks?  :wink:

Isn't it fun to exchange thoughts and ideas and see the different pieces people share.  My personal pleasure is paperweights, but now I am looking at some of my other glass in a whole new way.

Anyway, enjoy your interesting ????.  Maybe one day you'll have a post saying .... I have one just like yours and know for sure it is a .......... made by .......... in ......... and it is worth :shock:!

Til then, all the best .... Lily

Heh!!  Thanks Lily  :)

It does look good with apples in it!!  
And yeah, it is fun to talk to others who share the same passion, and to look at their collections.  
I know what you mean with the looking at glass in a whole new way.  There's pieces in other peoples collections in here I wouldn't dream of buying for myself, but when you see them in the context of those other collections, they look really good.
I think I enjoy that part of this place as much as the finding answers to my questions.  
When it comes to glass, I know what I like but I don't know much about it.

Take care Lily :wink:

Jay

Offline Jay Kaner

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 08:08:12 PM »
Quote from: "Carolyn Preston"
Okay, my stab (in the dark) is a nut dish. Saw a similar (bowl tilted on side) shape at a home decor home-party.

Go on, prove me wrong  :lol:

Carolyn

That is, without a doubt, the nuttiest idea so far!!    :lol:    :wink:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand