No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Luxardo Murano Bird Decanter....designer?  (Read 2225 times)

Offline selina

• Members
Luxardo Murano Bird Decanter....designer?
« on: September 25, 2006, 09:24:26 AM »
Hi,

I just purchased this Luxardo Murano Decanter. I fell in love with it so what can you do? Ive researched other Luxardo bottles and havent found who made these birds. Made about 1969 for Luxardo by Murano is on the bottom of the bottle. The bird weighs about 2-3kilos on its own. Also available was an identical bottle marked 1970 with a marble carved owl on the top with glass eyes ( I didnt buy that, maybe I should have).

Does anyone have any idea as to who would have made the bird? The coke bottle shown for size comparison is an old 6 1/2 oz size.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3422
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3423

Selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

Offline chuggy

• Members
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »
Archimede Seguso did produce a number of animal decanters for various firms over the years and these were usually produced by those training with him, and this has the look of one of these pieces.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline Laura Friedman

• Members
    • http://planetglass.net
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »
Paul's correct. These bottles were done by Archimede Seguso, and sometimes also bear the red foil import labels associated with that company. One can also find labled Seguso animals that are identical to the ones on the bottles (only without the holes in the bottle).

Laura

Offline selina

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 10:30:18 PM »
Thanks Paul & Laura. Just knowing that something I have is genuine Murano for once is great! And Seguso too... Makes me feel better for spending what I did on it :)

Selina
Trudy

Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand