Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!
Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?  (Read 1594 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Connie

  • Guest
Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 09:45:18 PM »
Quote
By the way, is your real name Connie?


Yes, or at least that is what my parents call me :wink:  Although I have been called other names at times  :oops:


Offline Jay Kaner

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 33
Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »
Quote from: "grayhorse"
Quote
By the way, is your real name Connie?


Yes, or at least that is what my parents call me :wink:  


Funnily enough, that's the name my daughters parents chose for her.  :)

It's cool, in an odd sort of way, but you're the first Connie, other than my daughter, Connie, that I've ever spoken to...typed..had anything to do with!!  


Quote from: "grayhorse"
Although I have been called other names at times  :oops:


Yeah?  Mind you, I got a couple I've been known to utter under my breath at times with my Connie too!!  Must be a Connie thing.   :wink:


Offline Carolyn Preston

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 713
  • Gender: Female
Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 11:45:01 PM »
Okay, my stab (in the dark) is a nut dish. Saw a similar (bowl tilted on side) shape at a home decor home-party.

Go on, prove me wrong  :lol:

Carolyn


Offline Lily of the Valley

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 306
Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 02:44:56 AM »
Hey Jay,

Thank you for enjoying my 'have at it'.  Have you loaded it up with fruit yet to see how it looks?  :wink:

Isn't it fun to exchange thoughts and ideas and see the different pieces people share.  My personal pleasure is paperweights, but now I am looking at some of my other glass in a whole new way.

Anyway, enjoy your interesting ????.  Maybe one day you'll have a post saying .... I have one just like yours and know for sure it is a .......... made by .......... in ......... and it is worth :shock:!

Til then, all the best .... Lily


Offline Jay Kaner

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 33
Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 08:06:24 PM »
Quote from: "Lily of the Valley"
Hey Jay,

Thank you for enjoying my 'have at it'.  Have you loaded it up with fruit yet to see how it looks?  :wink:

Isn't it fun to exchange thoughts and ideas and see the different pieces people share.  My personal pleasure is paperweights, but now I am looking at some of my other glass in a whole new way.

Anyway, enjoy your interesting ????.  Maybe one day you'll have a post saying .... I have one just like yours and know for sure it is a .......... made by .......... in ......... and it is worth :shock:!

Til then, all the best .... Lily


Heh!!  Thanks Lily  :)

It does look good with apples in it!!  
And yeah, it is fun to talk to others who share the same passion, and to look at their collections.  
I know what you mean with the looking at glass in a whole new way.  There's pieces in other peoples collections in here I wouldn't dream of buying for myself, but when you see them in the context of those other collections, they look really good.
I think I enjoy that part of this place as much as the finding answers to my questions.  
When it comes to glass, I know what I like but I don't know much about it.

 Take care Lily :wink:

Jay

Offline Jay Kaner

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 33
Hi guys and gals. Can anybody shed any light on this 'Jug'?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 08:08:12 PM »
Quote from: "Carolyn Preston"
Okay, my stab (in the dark) is a nut dish. Saw a similar (bowl tilted on side) shape at a home decor home-party.

Go on, prove me wrong  :lol:

Carolyn


That is, without a doubt, the nuttiest idea so far!!    :lol:    :wink:

 

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com