No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: murano pulegoso  (Read 1924 times)

Offline RAY

• Members
murano pulegoso
« on: September 27, 2006, 11:39:27 AM »
bought this vase decribed as swedish, it measures 9" high, my thought that it's made on murano and in translucent white pulegoso, cased at the base with blue and green with two dimples on either side, the base is flat and highly polished, if my thoughts are right when was it made and by whom?

cilck image bigger photo

cheers Ray

Offline chuggy

• Members
murano pulegoso
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 01:46:43 PM »
I might be way off here Ray, but it doesn't look Murano pulegoso to me. The bubbles don't look frothy enough and I can' think of a maker working in this sort of style.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline RAY

• Members
murano pulegoso
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 02:00:23 PM »
thanks Paul, i've seen the vase in a book somewhere, but for the life of me i can not find it
cheers Ray

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
murano pulegoso
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 02:22:42 PM »
Skrdlovice, design most probably by L. Palecek circa 1980.

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
Re: murano pulegoso
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 07:14:48 PM »
Quote from: "RAY"
with two dimples on either side

The dimples are made using a technique known as double dipping. This literally involves dipping twice in the furnace to pick up glass, as opposed to gathering, which is a smoother, continuously turning process.
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
murano pulegoso
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 04:02:32 AM »
Hi Ray,
I have seen a few of these described as Murano in the past (on ebay), but Im still not convinced.

Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline RAY

• Members
murano pulegoso
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 10:46:54 AM »
thanks all, i've looked on the Beranek site and my vase is not there, but there are some in the same sort of style
cheers Ray

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand