Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Lalique colour and pattern query

(1/1)

chuggy:
I've just bought this vase purely because the colour is so fantastic. I think the pattern is Suage, but I've never come across a piece of Lalique in this colour it's a very rich iridescent teal. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but after 8 attempts this one is the truest likeness.

http://i9.tinypic.com/40o6xsj.jpg

I'm guessing it is late 1920's as it has the raised moulded R Lalique and France in script afterwards, but if anyone can confirm the pattern as Suage and comment on the colour it would be appreciated.
Paul

Mike M:
Hi

My machine only gets a bad picture from your posting -probably my fault

but its good enough to see it is indeed a Sauge, designed 1923 produced until 1947.

I can't quite get the colour, but Rene Lalique did  so many differebt Blues -some have names -electric blue,  teale etc, but many don't - so people seem to invent there own names for them (mighnight blue, boromee blue etc).

There have been quite a few fake Blue Rene lalique vases coming out of South America recently -but I don't think Sauge is one of them
(and they don't usually have France in script)

A very nice vase if its perfect!

Cheers

Mike

chuggy:
Thanks Mike it is perfect and the colour is a real rich teal with a light irridescence as the light catches it, so I'm thrilled with it.
Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version