No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lalique colour and pattern query  (Read 1535 times)

Offline chuggy

• Members
Lalique colour and pattern query
« on: September 27, 2006, 01:44:15 PM »
I've just bought this vase purely because the colour is so fantastic. I think the pattern is Suage, but I've never come across a piece of Lalique in this colour it's a very rich iridescent teal. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but after 8 attempts this one is the truest likeness.

http://i9.tinypic.com/40o6xsj.jpg

I'm guessing it is late 1920's as it has the raised moulded R Lalique and France in script afterwards, but if anyone can confirm the pattern as Suage and comment on the colour it would be appreciated.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 04:28:08 PM »
Hi

My machine only gets a bad picture from your posting -probably my fault

but its good enough to see it is indeed a Sauge, designed 1923 produced until 1947.

I can't quite get the colour, but Rene Lalique did  so many differebt Blues -some have names -electric blue,  teale etc, but many don't - so people seem to invent there own names for them (mighnight blue, boromee blue etc).

There have been quite a few fake Blue Rene lalique vases coming out of South America recently -but I don't think Sauge is one of them
(and they don't usually have France in script)

A very nice vase if its perfect!

Cheers

Mike

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chuggy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 05:22:16 PM »
Thanks Mike it is perfect and the colour is a real rich teal with a light irridescence as the light catches it, so I'm thrilled with it.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand