No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness  (Read 2928 times)

Offline ALLAN

• Members
Caithness
« on: September 29, 2006, 08:06:15 AM »
Just a quick post before I head off to Crete for a week.There is still no deal signed for the purchase of Caithness.All the indications are that Dartington Crystal will conclude the deal next week so you guys will probably know before I do :lol: .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline twenty_zero_six

• Members
Caithness
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:39:39 PM »
I think, if true its a great tie-in for both parties. Im not sure how many people work for Caithness now, but this will save many jobs with Dartingtons ethos of employment, and there great record with Tourism will stand the business in good stead

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
Caithness
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:58:10 PM »
Good news, indeed, if it comes off!   :D

Enjoy your holiday Allan, and let's hope you return to find the deal 'all done and dusted'   :D
Leni

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
hope
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:52:47 PM »
As long as the creative spirit of paperweightmakers, lampworkers, faceting experts is honored, it seems like a beneficial set-up.

Offline twenty_zero_six

• Members
Caithness
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 06:55:50 PM »
yes well as Dartington dont make paperweights, its not going to damage their sales. Theres lots of talented people at Caithness and Dartington who can make it work

Offline ALLAN

• Members
Caithness
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 01:25:40 PM »
Just back from holiday and I am happy to confirm that Dartington has indeed bought over Caithness.This will hopefully ensure that the remaining glassmakers and other staff will have a brighter future(not to mention the Caithness name as well, of course).Another chapter in the Caithness history book begins :D
Unfortunately the unit at Kings Lynn was not included in the deal and the administrators have closed it down with the loss of all the jobs there.There are just a few still working to handle the closedown but then that will be it gone.My best wishes go out to Beaver,kerry and the rest of the workers and I hope they find other jobs soon. :(

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
cheers
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 02:22:11 PM »
Glad to hear the good news, Allan. Sorry about some of the other workers, but perhaps as things settle down, they'll be able to join the new company within a year or so. Good luck.

Offline Potentspirit

• Members
Caithness
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 05:57:52 PM »
Caithness at Kings Lynn are open for another four weeks.
Margaret A Jones

Offline twenty_zero_six

• Members
Caithness
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 12:36:39 PM »
yes its a shame about Kings Lynn, but it was not financially viable, the redevelopment at Perth is the way to go

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand