No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars or Wuidart?  (Read 1440 times)

Offline chris.cooper

• Members
Whitefriars or Wuidart?
« on: October 03, 2006, 05:39:53 PM »
Is it Whitefriars? 7" high and 6.25" across in sea green. Ground out pontil and well scratched base. Cannot find a pattern number - could it be Wealdstone range for Wuidart? Has 6 vertical ribs between swags. Thanks Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Whitefriars or Wuidart?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:09:31 PM »
I'm wondering if that's a proper pontil mark, or an indentation - is that a hollow foot?  It looks like it's mould blown to me...  :?:
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline chris.cooper

• Members
Whitefriars or Wuidart?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:04:44 PM »
Hi max the base is not solid .Appears to be ground out,you can feel it domed up inside.Don,t think its mould blown,in that i can,t see any lines                    thanks   chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Post subject
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:06:23 PM »
Haven't seen anything like this in any of the catalogues including the Wuidart shapes. Colour looks a bit off - similar to Sea Green but not quite.  Don't know in other words, but wait and see if anyone else can be more positive. Emmi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand