No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther Waltraut dressing table set  (Read 7506 times)

Offline glassaddict

• Members
Walther Waltraut dressing table set
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »
Hi,
I am hoping somebody may be able to answer a query for me about the Walther Waltraut dressing table set. My question is this - what were the original pieces that made up the set?. I bought a set in pale blue today. My set is has the same pieces as the one on Pamela's website.
1 tray, 2 candlesticks, 1 large trinket bowl with lid, 2 smaller trinket bowls with lids and a ring holder.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g294/bananabons/My%20collection/Waltrautdressingtableset.jpg

The ones I see on the web have the clock and less trinket bowls.       Did these sets originally come with the clock ?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 07:12:02 PM »
Your set is what I would call a standard dressing table set as sold in the UK and, having had a quick Google, it would appear that the Waltraut clocks are mostly not in the UK. The answer is I think it depends on the country to which the sets were exported. A vanity clock is not something I've seen in any vanity set in the UK.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassaddict

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »
Thanks for your help, I have trawled the net and can't find a complete set anywhere - except for the pink one on Pamela's site.
Many thanks,
Hil

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 08:31:16 PM »
I may report that my complete Waltraud set including the clock originates from England a few years ago on eBay.
nearly nothing has survived here in wwII and for my collection, it is so great to trace all these glasses in UK and abroad (mainly Australia)  :D
look at Mauerhoff's contribution to Pressglas-Korrespondenz regarding export of Walther during that days.
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline glassaddict

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 06:25:09 PM »
Thank you for your help Pamela. I have tried the pressglass korrespondenz site but unfortunately my German is so bad that I was unable to navigate the site with any ease. Is it possible that you could paste a link to the page I need? - I will use an online translator after that.
Many thanks,
Hil.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 07:11:52 PM »
Hi Hil, unfortunately also this contribution of Mr Mauerhoff is not visible online - only readers of PK get it as subscribers.  :cry:
I have got only ADOBE reader, which does not permit to copy and paste
 :?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Sklounion

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 07:19:18 PM »
Hi,
PK is not difficult.
If you follow the instructions which Siegmar Geiselberger supplies, to assist anglophones to find items on PK, you cannot go far wrong.
http://www.pressglas-korrespondenz.de/aktuelles/pdf/pk-2006-3w-suche-google-engl.pdf
Use the German spelling Australie.
regards,
Le Casson

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 07:43:32 PM »
Australie :?:
Pamela

Sklounion

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 07:59:03 PM »
Hi,
Sorry Pamela,
English-German and French-German dictionaries give it thus...
feel free to correct me, if I have erred.
Glassaddict:
main Mauerhoff articles on Walther are to be found in PK 2005-1,-2, -3.
PK2004-2, PK 2003-2,-3, PK 2001-3
regards,
Le Casson

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 08:10:58 PM »
Hi Marcus, I feel sorry because Mauerhoff's script is not visible to Hil, or am I completely off possibilities?
Pamela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand