Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Like Flygsfors Coquille - probably = Reijmyre

(1/2) > >>

Pip:
Hello again :)  This glass thingy is a lot like the Flygsfors Coquille items but I'm thinking that the very tall and thin shape probably isn't right for them.  It's 9in/23cm tall.  Any ideas/help appreciated. TIA

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/pips-trip/coquille0001.jpg

Anne:
I seem to recall reading that the Coquille pieces have white somewhere on the underside?  

I have a Coquille-shaped one which doesn't have any white (not as tall as yours though) and Ivo suggested Bayel may be a possibility for maker. I haven't been able to pin mine down to them though as yet... may be a lead worth checking out though, Pip?

Pip:
Many thanks Anne - I'll research Bayel and report back if I find anything conclusive.

chuggy:
Hi Pip
Paul Kedelv who designed the Coquille range also dis similar work for Reijmyre which tends to be unsigned, so that may be another avenue worth exploring as I've had a couple of bits of that very similar to this piece.
Paul

Ivo:

--- Quote from: "Anne" ---I seem to recall reading that the Coquille pieces have white somewhere on the underside?  
--- End quote ---

a white thread around the rim is a telltale sign of Coquille - as is a proper signature. If it lacks both these features you're probably looking at a piece of Bayel or Reijmyre, whereby Reijmyre is more elaborate and better finished than Bayel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version