No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New CAPOTE movie offering PAPERWEIGHTS; OPENS VERY SOON  (Read 2228 times)

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
New CAPOTE movie offering PAPERWEIGHTS; OPENS VERY SOON
« on: September 16, 2006, 02:57:35 AM »
Some of you may have seen the movie Capote from 2005, for which Philip Seymour Hoffmann won a Oscar for best actor as writer Truman Capote.

Amazingly, there is yet another film about Capote opening soon around the world. It's called Infamous and it offers a lot of the same time period and Capote's obsession with the In Cold Blood killers. This one differs in revealing much more about Capote's personal life and his flamboyant persona. The ladies who lunch is an apt description of the cocktails Truman had with Slim Keith, Babe Paley, an Agnelli, Kitt Carlisle Hart and others. Lots of dishy gossip.

Importantly, for paperweight lovers, which Capote was, the set decorator has placed a table of weights in Capote's bedroom. The table is easily seen in two scenes, including one in which you can almost tell the makers of the weights, including a spiffy scattered millefori on blue ground.

However, the set decorator erred in not showing Capote bringing a few of  his weights with him whenever he traveled. None were shown in the Kansas hotel room in which he and Harper Lee stayed as they were investigating the murder that led to the book In Cold Blood. Capote also traveled with some weights to make himself feel at home in his hotel rooms.

I saw the movie Wednesday at the Toronto Film Festival. Nice to see the weights on screen. I saw the film after I visited the Rene Lalique exhibit at the Royal Ontario Museum earlier in the day. My comments on the Lalique show and the ROM are in the Glass section here in the GMB.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
opening dates
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 02:29:08 AM »
Infamous opens in New York City and Los Angeles on Friday, October 13, and then works its way across the U.S., opening in various cities primarily on Friday, October 20 or Friday, October 27. Some smaller cities may see the movie in November.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand