No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Swan- Inside Pearlized Satin Red on Swirled Base  (Read 4887 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Glass Swan- Inside Pearlized Satin Red on Swirled Base
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 10:56:03 PM »
hi again I ran across this ebay item 200519087796 that appears to have the pearlised colour but the foot looks different but it does have part of a label attached, although it is not a separate photo.

Thought if it looks close to you you might write for another photo of the part label.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
hi again I ran across this ebay item 200519087796 that appears to have the pearlised colour but the foot looks different but it does have part of a label attached, although it is not a separate photo.

Thought if it looks close to you you might write for another photo of the part label.

Hi there ardy, thanks for all the info.

yes that is what mine looks like on the inside.  I will go right now and take a pic of it out in the  :sun: as it is actually shinning to day.  I will also take a pic of the base to post.

To me -- the inside *pealized color* looks the same.  Thanks for hunting that down....and might be a lead.   :thup:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 06:03:59 AM »
Antiquerose: I have seen this iridescence, I think it is called, before on a red/gold vase by Seguso Vetri de Arts that a friend of mine owns. Yours is an absolutely stunning colour and appears to be very well made.

Hope you get to ID it as it looks like a piece by a master. If I had to guess I would say Barbini but my thoughts are often off with the pixies.

Hi there:
I have tried the best I can to get a shot of the color. 

It is red, but you can see like a Gold pearlized color in it......like Red and small melted gold foil (???) or Gold Dust were mixed together.  The Bright  :sun: I hope helped to show it.  Also here is a pic of the base....finally  :spls2:

What is this called?  Any special name to it?

** Note:  (( The Rooster I also posted before, also has this same Red/Gold in it too.))
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 11:24:19 PM »
Hi Again, Saw this yesterday and again not the same as yours but this guy seems to be knowledgeable. He runs a great shop with lovely glass and he claims it is Barbine or Seguso and refers to his piece as 'double sommerso'.

http://www.modernistglass.com/glasspieces/view/2811

Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand