No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Hand signed R.K. 33051 - 60 F.W. -- ID?  (Read 2951 times)

Offline likes2draw

• Members
Hand signed R.K. 33051 - 60 F.W. -- ID?
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:05 PM »
Can anyone help me identify the hand-stylus signature R.K. 33051 - 60 F.W. ? Clear glass, fruit paperweight. Thanks!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
pix
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 08:53:36 PM »
Posting an image or two would be beneficial.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 09:33:50 PM »
I see FW and I think Folke Walwing, but I can't think of an Orrefors or Maleras fruit paperweight - probably barking up wrong tree entirely!  :oops:
I am not a man

Offline likes2draw

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 10:06:34 PM »
Well, rather than post a photo I will tell you that I have it up on Ebay, with photos, as we speak: check out Item number: 280037381462 or my seller id "fortunedaughter". I don't usually list something I haven't identified but I researched it for several days and then decided to "take my chances." On google I did find an Ebay link for a "RK 33---" but it must have been an old auction because it didn't lead anywhere. I thought perhaps it was Royal Krona but I don't know if they hand-signed their products.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 06:55:32 AM »
I think that you are correct with the Maker being Royal Krona, which was a combination of a few glass houses in Sweden, including Maleras.

http://www.20thcenturymarks.co.uk/pages/single/984.html

This paperweight is also signed RK 33.. and has the label which says Royal Krona.
The FW on yours would be the designer, so the name that Max provided, could in theory, be correct.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline likes2draw

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2006, 06:14:36 PM »
Thank you all for your insights. I'm (obviously) not a collector or dealer -- just trying to sell some family items. OT - deltab: I am trying to locate a Dutch family with whom I lived as an exchange student in 1970. As you seem to be such a good glass detective, might I email you about this as well? Perhaps you would have some sites to refer me to.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2006, 06:20:34 PM »
Of course you may, feel free.  :)
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand