Author Topic: *does the happy dance*  (Read 1269 times)

Offline glasstrufflehunter

• Members
    • My Yahoo 360 page & Paperweight Blog
*does the happy dance*
« on: October 16, 2006, 04:00:25 AM »
I just won this on Ebay today. This is an example of a not so 'general rangey' general range McDougall. I think it's been about ten years that I've been wanting a nice chequer weight.
(http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10155/PMcDredchequer.jpg)
I collect Scottish and Italian paperweights and anything else that strikes my fancy.

My Paperweight Blog

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
*does the happy dance*
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 07:58:01 AM »
Congratulations, very nice.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline alexander

• Members
*does the happy dance*
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 01:38:02 PM »
Very nice - I like  :D
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline cfosterk

• Members
chequer....
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 05:40:15 PM »
can i be cheeky and ask the price of this piece?

Actually, I don't need to know just wondered if less than retail price at around £70.00

I'm a little concerned at the prices of these items and particularly deacons weights on ebay - is a high quality crown from john only worth £44? Thats the price for last one sold last night

• Members
*does the happy dance*
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 07:28:23 PM »
It was less than retail but not a whole lot less. It went for the equivalent of £58.

Ebay has just been rather flat lately. Sales are down across the board. I think it's a combination of the economy and Ebay's fee structure. It's becoming harder to be profitable on Ebay.

The lower prices are not just confined to Ebay. There was a lady I bought my McDougalls fronm a couple of years ago. She sold me a LE of 30 lampworked pansy on a blue ground for $130 or £70. I bought a lot of weights from her. One day she just disappeared and I never heard from her again. I wondered if it was a family disaster.
I collect Scottish and Italian paperweights and anything else that strikes my fancy.

My Paperweight Blog

Offline Leni

• Members
*does the happy dance*
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 07:47:44 AM »
May I do a spot of advertising on behalf of my friends Steve and Peggy Burke of Paperweights Plus?  www.paperweightsplus.com

They have a good selection of weights by all the Scottish artists, at very reasonable prices!  And I reckon Peter McDougall is always good value for money!   :D
Leni

• Members
*does the happy dance*
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 02:22:34 AM »
The Burkes are my Scottish glass connection now. I bought my multicolour McD crown from them and a couple others. I love that you can order custom weights from them. I think I want to get a special made for our 20th anniversary. Something red with aventurine which means a Manson!

I bought from Steve Cole when I first started collecting Scottish paperweights. When he left the business I went to the aforementioned seller whose name I can't remember.

My Paperweight Blog

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
lovely
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 02:26:26 AM »
Nice paperweight. Excellent price. Good get, indeed.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com