No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Boda .... seeking info please  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
Kosta Boda .... seeking info please
« on: October 19, 2006, 02:23:26 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160041020587

There is a paperweight-style item (really more of a modernistic mushroom shape) in a shop near me that has (as best I can see) the same pattern as this signed Kosta Boda Ebay listing.  The glass is frosted rather than clear but the design and little nub on top seem identical.  I can find no signature though and am wondering if all pieces were/are signed.  I would like to find out more about this design/maker please.

I posted under Glass first because paperweights seem to be only a very small part of the beautiful works offered by Kosta Boda.

Thank you ..... Lily

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 08:15:20 AM »
Wel not all pieces are signed, I know that much. It looks very Kosta but I don't really know.
No retreat, No surrender.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 11:35:34 PM »
Well, so much for self-control.:wink:

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3729

Anyway, here is the frosted modernistic mushroom piece for comparison.  Pat, I appreciate your input and hope to hear more from other people who come across this posting.

All the best .... Lily

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand