No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Textured Bowl w/ blue buttons on side  (Read 2603 times)

Offline JC

• Members
Textured Bowl w/ blue buttons on side
« on: October 28, 2006, 06:24:37 AM »
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this bowl.Is it old or new, trash or treasure?
Outside surface is  textured.Not sure whether it has been sandblasted or had an acid treatment.
It measures 3 inhes high and 6 inches across the  top.
Thanks to anyone that can help or at least lead me in the right direction to further research.
Julie
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3894

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline butchiedog

• Members
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 01:40:46 PM »
Hi Julie,

I left you a reply, not an ID on the ebay Glass Board. Maybe these enhancements of your photos might help someone here. --- Mike

---

---

---

Removed links because the photos were a bad representation of the item in question.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline JC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 02:18:38 AM »
Thanks Mike.On my screen your pics are picking up other colours in the bowl, It is making it appear there are blues and green hues,
which aren't there in real life.Mine is what I would describe as a powdery white. I suspect the bowl was clear glass and then it has been either sandblasted or
 treated with acid or something, to give it a textured powdery appearance  and the buttons are a pretty blue/green colour.I'll try to get more pics and better pics later .The fist pic I took on the white background, looks to be correct on my screen.
But then it's hard isn't it, as different computers and diferent monitors, all show things differently.
Julie

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »
LOL --Mike, your enhancements make it look as though it's irridised. Yikes.
Cathy

Offline butchiedog

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 03:53:52 PM »
Sorry Julie,

Lol! Wish I could make some glass look better with a computer :-) All I had were your dark photos and I guess they don't translate well when they are brightened up.

Anyway;  I'll remove those so not to confuse anyone. --- Mike

Offline JC

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 09:38:35 PM »
Hey Mike, no need to apologise.You were only trying to help out and I am always very greatful  for that. :D
BTW I like the look of the bowl with the way you enhanced it. LOL.It did look soooo pretty with irridescent appearance LOL Shame it didn't have those colours
HI Cathy.I was thinking about you on Saturday.I bought a sugar bowl I was postive was Aussie CC, but do you think I can find it anywhere. LOL I like to make certain and check out my references first, because As I get older my brain is getting very scrambled and I don't trust it anymore   :oops:  ..I said to myself, Cathy would know for certain.

Julie

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 09:54:24 PM »
Hi Julie :) How's it going?

I'd love to see a picture of your sugar bowl. Would you like to post it (in its own thread)?

If it's not CC, then maybe Glen or Pamela will be able to help.

All the best,
Cathy

Offline JC

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 02:30:13 AM »
Ok it has taken me long enough to get back to this bowl, but finally I have and here are, what I hope, to be better pics.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3969

HI back to you Cathy,All is going good.I hope it is for you too. I have been running out of time researching my finds.I get into a site or book and then get lost and forget what I am doing there LOL.I   have a sneaking feeeling my blue sugar bowl maybe Jacobean.Just haven't started to do any more research on it yet. BUt when I get around to it,and have any problems finding a definate ID.I'll be sure to post here for help.Thank you.
Julie

Offline JC

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 12:24:00 AM »
I hope no ones minds me giving this a bump. :oops:
I have been loooking everywhere trying to work out who and when this bowl was made, with no luck at all. In my searching, I have viewed some DDG Glass, so it has been a pleasure, for sure..a little frustrating but a pleasure :D
Julie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand