No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Grape Patterns  (Read 1249 times)

Offline ibovnu

• Members
Grape Patterns
« on: October 19, 2006, 02:30:09 PM »
Hi, I need some help identifying these 2 grape patterns, the right side of the photo is the top of a cream colored, 10 inch high electric oil lamp (1950's?),  any ideas? Thanks - Suz
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-3722

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline vintagerose

• Members
Grape Patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:42:43 PM »
Hi the tumbler looks very close to a pattern called Grape Cut #236 by Standard Manufacturing Company. However, I can't say for sure your tumbler is that pattern or a reproduction. Maybe someone else on here will know. Hope this helps you get started.

Vintagerose
When a dog runs at you, whistle for him"
Henry David Thoreau

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline ibovnu

• Members
Grape Patterns
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:45:57 AM »
Thanks, that helped me out, gave me some direction. I looked online but can't find a good photo so I'll head to the library. The tumblers age is at least pre 50's if not older, came from my grandmothers house, people that went throught the depression never threw anything away. Thanks again....

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand