No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: reply  (Read 2706 times)

Offline brambles46

• Members
« on: November 01, 2006, 02:02:18 PM »
hello Frank

Thank you and as you can see I am your latest member -  my first reading suggests that some of your participants are a little immature - I recently sold a marble on e-bay for £3600.00 and another for £1970.00, a Clichy paperweight for just over £900 - check my completed listings - I am no m-----, nor have I lost my marbles.  Are you jealous or frightened of success??  I left name calling many years ago and now enjoy intellectual debates and discussions - my initial reaction is that I will not find it on this site but like everything in life I am prepared to try.

Regards

Gordon

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 02:14:50 PM »
Gordon, welcome to the board, I hope that you may find it informative and useful.

Just to correct your misapprehension: the board is not Frank's but actually belongs to Dr Angela Bowey - the lady whose text and images you misappropriated in your listing. May I refer you to the Board Policy posting http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6521.0.html.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:21:05 PM »
Hi Gordon,

It is not my Message Board, although I help out. I think that the other discussion can be cleaned up now as you did the decent thing and removed the offending material. We cannot control what people say though we do impose limits within our guidelines.

The contents of the forum, The Glass Encyclopaedia and The Glass Museum are all copyright. But a simple request to use material is often received favourably as many of us are dedicated researchers and writers who like to receive full credit for their efforts, as well as determine what can or not be used elsewhere.

In any case welcome to the board, I am sure this incident is quickly forgotten and we will be glad to help you out if you need it.

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 02:24:02 PM »
I appologise Anne and Frank, i lost my temper, welcome Gordon. also my appologies to you Gordon

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 02:24:22 PM »
Welcome Gordon. We enjoy all forms of intellectual discussion and debate here, mainly focussed on glass, of course.

Many of us here are researchers, writers, designers and artists - and as such we tend to guard our intellectual property and copyrighted material very carefully.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 02:50:38 PM »
Welcome Gordon.  It'll be great to have a marble expert on board the GMB, how long have you been interested in them?  Are you a collector yourself?
I am not a man

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 02:58:04 PM »
Welcome, Gordon!  I guess you'd say I'm definitely counted among the more 'immature' members!  :lol:  There's all sorts here, and room for all on the whole, or so I've found   :wink:  

Paperweights are my real area of interest, and I do love Clichys, so I'd love to see some if you care to share!    :D
Leni

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 03:23:26 PM »
Hello Gordon, I've responded to your email to me - but I'll repeat here - many thanks for altering your listing, I'm sure the owner will appreciate the swift action you've taken.  Welcome to the board, it's a great place and, as you will know, fiercely loyal to it's members. Looking forward to your contributions to the board.

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
on board
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 04:01:27 PM »
Gee, I hope this isn't the last post on the subject. Brambles46 was wrong to take Dr. Bowey's text and use it to sell an item on eBay.

Brambles46 did the good thing in removing the copyrighted material. The members of the GMB who inundated him with Email The Seller messages were right and proper to act.

Offline brambles46

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 11:49:04 PM »
Hello All

I didn't think this matter would create such a stir - I thank you all for your good wishes - I am retired from the legal profession and my partner and I now run an e-bay site selling for the antiques trade (only the antiques trade, no private sales) here in Northern Ireland – we get all sorts of interesting things to sell, not all glass related, however apart from the marbles and paperweights already mentioned, we offered for sale two Lalique vases this last week and obtained £880+ and £300+ for the seller (less commission of course) - we have received a collection of about 20 paperweights to sell which will be going on sale within the next few days when we have had time to research them – that’s about me at this moment and time – I hope to communicate with you all soon – Regards  Gordon and Ida

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand