No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Formia plate  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Graphite

• Members
Formia plate
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:21:27 AM »
Hi!

Came across this Formia plate, my one and only. I don't know much about Murano. Now that I have been reading these threads, seems like most Murano is organic, sculpture-like, not like this one of mine. Diameter 43 cm, silver-like flakes. Colours dark purple with turquoise and cream. Half of the Formia sticker remains.

Is this new production? Any information is warmly welcomed. Thank you.

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Formia plate
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:12:43 AM »
Seems to be an error with the image - can you check the link? Thanks.
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline Graphite

• Members
Formia plate
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 11:19:42 AM »
How about this? Sorry for the trouble. Feel free to edit if still too large.

I'm starting to wonder whether I have made some kind of mistake placing this photo here? Is the plate new, horrible or poor in some way... and everybody just politely ignores my questions? Did not mean to offend you experts, just a sheer beginner in this field.  :(

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Formia plate
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 01:52:42 PM »
Quote from: "Graphite"
I'm starting to wonder whether I have made some kind of mistake placing this photo here? Is the plate new, horrible or poor in some way... and everybody just politely ignores my questions? Did not mean to offend you experts, just a sheer beginner in this field.  :(

Hi again Graphite - don't take it personally, some queries sit around for a number of reasons before being answered.  Not everyone visits the site every day, some people might be away and others might be pondering their answer or checking a ref book or two.  Some queries never get answered or get a reply months after posting - just be patient - I'm sure someone will be along to help sooner or later, you're definitely not being ignored :-)

Offline David E

• Author
  • Members
    • Heart of the Country, England
    • ChanceGlass.net
Formia plate
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:18:14 PM »
Great looking plate - nothing to worry about here! Someone will be along soon to give more details, I'm sure.

Re. the images. We do have to consider bandwidth and size and most people now just use a link to the site - but please leave this image. You might also like to consider using Anne's Glass Gallery to host the images - free and fairly painless to set up.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/

But very nice to have Finnish representation here :)
David
► Chance Additions ◄
The 2nd volume of the domestic glassware of Chance Brothers
Contact ► Cortex Design ◄ to order any book

Offline alexander

• Members
Formia plate
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »
I couldn't find your plate in the 2006 catalogue from Formia,
here is their website - maybe you can contact them to ask when it was made?

Formia

Alexander
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Offline Graphite

• Members
Formia plate
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 07:57:13 AM »
Thank you all! Impatience is definitely not a virtue. :oops:
I will contact Formia, thanks for the hint! I've owned the plate for about four years now and bought it in a flea market in Finland, so it's a mystery to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand