Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Frankenstein vase!!  (Read 783 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Glasshound

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 213
  • Gender: Male
    • Glasshound
Frankenstein vase!!
« on: November 14, 2006, 04:07:03 AM »
Oh my! What genius married a Pairpoint bottom to a Pearline top??!  :shock:

I had a good chuckle at this one....

/Blair

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130047729759
American and European Art Glass, Antique to Contemporary
http://www.glasshound.com


Offline josordoni

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1670
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Swinging London
    • Josordoni Collectables
Re: Frankenstein vase!!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:03:58 AM »
Quote from: "Glasshound"
Oh my! What genius married a Pairpoint bottom to a Pearline top??!  :shock:

I had a good chuckle at this one....

/Blair


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130047729759


After you had finished being sick I presume?  

Why on earth would someone want to put those two colours together...???

Or is it just me?:roll:


Offline heartofglass

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 274
Frankenstein vase!!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 09:13:57 AM »
OMG!!!!! :shock:
That's just too weird! Those two bits of glass sure don't belong together!
It's totally wrong!  :lol:
And someone has bid on it.   :roll:
Presumably, this odd top & bottom have had their broken-off parts ground down & then glued together to unleash this travesty?!
Marinka.
More glass than class!


Offline josordoni

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1670
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Swinging London
    • Josordoni Collectables
Frankenstein vase!!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 09:42:33 AM »
Quote from: "heartofglass"
OMG!!!!! :shock:
That's just too weird! Those two bits of glass sure don't belong together!
It's totally wrong!  :lol:
And someone has bid on it.   :roll:
Presumably, this odd top & bottom have had their broken-off parts ground down & then glued together to unleash this travesty?!


I think the listing says there is a silver collar round the part where they join.

I mean, we aren't missing something really good and rare here are we??


Offline heartofglass

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 274
Frankenstein vase!!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 10:53:40 AM »
I didn't even notice the bit about the silver collar! :lol:
Too busy being stunned by the nerve of mating two such different species! :lol:
It really is a shocker!
Actually the silver collar reminds me of the old spooky story about a girl who always wore a ribbon tied around her neck....& after being asked time & again to remove it by her boyfriend, & refusing, finally the ribbon comes off & then off with her head! :shock:
Surely the same thing would happen to this mish-mash of an item! :lol:
Marinka.
More glass than class!


Offline Sue C

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1033
  • Gender: Female
Frankenstein vase!!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 02:57:06 PM »
it says metal collar not silver, i agree realy dreadful, i pity the poor person who wins this.


Offline josordoni

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1670
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Swinging London
    • Josordoni Collectables
Frankenstein vase!!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 04:11:24 PM »
Quote from: "dexter"
it says metal collar not silver, i agree realy dreadful, i pity the poor person who wins this.


You're right Dex!  Isn't it strange how you remember what you THOUGHT you saw, not what you actually did?


 

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com