No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Northwood Rainbow carnival hat? =Dugan Daisy Dear  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
Northwood Rainbow carnival hat? =Dugan Daisy Dear
« on: November 15, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
Hi there, I have just bought this carnival hat this week and have been struggling with an identity.  I expect it is something common but the closest I can find is Northwood's Rainbow pattern.  Thing is - I can't find a reference to that being made as a hat  :?

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4140

There is a description with the photo.  Any help and ideas much appreciated. Thanks.

edited to change ID in title
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:58:34 PM »
Hello Tim - and welcome.

You have a Dugan hat shape there. It will be either Daisy Dear or Triplets. Count the number of flower & Leaf motifs on the exterior to determine which it is. Triplets has three stemmed flowers round the outside, while Daisy Dear has four. They both have that  5 petalled flower on the base. the petals of Triplets are more pointed - while on Daisy Dear they are rounder.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Quackers

• Members
    • www.plantpref.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 11:07:12 PM »
Hello Glen, many thanks for that - it only has 3 flowers but as they are not spaced equally I assume there should be 4 and it is just too faint to see!  I have had a look at Daisy Dear on Dave Doty's site and he doesn't mention Amethyst, have you come across it before in that colour?

The pattern is so poor on this one it is a good job the interior has such good irridescence!  Another good example of "quality control" in action. :lol:
Tim

I started with Carnival glass, then other C20 irridescent, then Whitefriars ducks, then Dartington FT Daisies etc, then Whitefriars Tricorns...when will it end?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
Hi Tim - Daisy Dear and Triplets are both known in amethyst as well as marigold. They are also known in peach opal too.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand