No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Peter Holmes "Bouquet"  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
Peter Holmes "Bouquet"
« on: November 17, 2006, 10:42:45 PM »
The forum (especially paperweights) seems to have been very quiet lately. :(

I have been following the continuing saga of the Conference weights being made by Peter Holmes and have noted the frustration you are experiencing in having to wait so long to receive these beautiful paperweights.  It was good to see you finally heard from the maker; it does help to hear from the source directly.  I sincerely hope each one of you will have his/her promised weight in the not-too-distant future.

The weight posted below is the only one I have to post under Ysart .....  When I first saw the pictures of the Conference weights, I was so pleased to see mine resembled the commissioned ones to some extent.  Mine, however, does not have a signature cane (that I can discern).  It was made in 1984.  I guess what I'm asking is this .... Can anyone tell me for certain whether or not this weight was made by Peter Holmes himself? :roll:

All the best ... Lily :)

It was hard to get really good photos due to reflections.  This weight is very clear with very white latticino.  The photos give everything a yellow tinge that is not really there.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4160

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Leni

• Members
Peter Holmes "Bouquet"
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:19:39 PM »
Very pretty, Lily!   :D

Could there be a signature cane under the label?  Have you looked at all angles and used a torch or strong light behind / beside the weight to see if it's there?    :?
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

• Members
Peter Holmes "Bouquet"
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 11:53:43 PM »
Thanks, Leni ....

I see nothing, nothing .... !!!! :shock:  The background is just an amazing blue when strongly backlit.  I have to admit though, I haven't peeled the label back .... yet!

Lily

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
nice
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 02:29:41 AM »
Very interesting.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

• Members
Peter Holmes "Bouquet"
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 02:51:14 AM »
Perhaps I should add that I also have the original box as well a card signed by Ron Hutchison ..... Lily

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand