No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Any help would be greatly appreciated :)  (Read 1920 times)

Offline glass_lover1

• Members
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
« on: November 29, 2006, 05:46:38 AM »
Hi there. I recently purchased this large and heavy Murano piece and have not been able to find any information or similar items. I could not find any similar labels signifying which Murano manufacturer made this piece either. Also, the shape is a little obscure! Is this a vase? This piece measures 10.5" in height and 9 1/8" across the top and weighs 10.5 pounds. I am not sure of the value either. I paid $65.00 because I loved its shape and hope I didn't overpay! Any other information would be very greatly appreciated!! Thank so much and have a great day :)

http://www.imagehostplus.com/v2/ag.php?fid=36958&mid=1761

Offline heartofglass

• Members
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 07:21:53 AM »
Hi, & welcome to the board! :)
I'm not a Murano expert, but I do think your vase is quite interesting.
The pull-up trail design is striking, & the shape is unusual, & yes,I do think it is a vase.
The sticker is one I haven't seen, & it looks fairly recent, say 1980s, maybe.
There is a forum especially for Murano glass, perhaps you could also post it there, & see what the experts have to say.
All in all, I think you got a good deal on this piece, as it is substantial in size, of a bold design, & it makes a strong decorative statement.
Hope this helps a bit, & I'm sure there will be more informative opinions forthcoming! :)
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 11:02:10 PM »
Carlo Moretti did this type of glass, but I don't recognise the sticker.
It is a lovely piece and would have cost you more than the price you paid, had you bought it on Murano  :wink:  :D
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 06:30:13 PM »
Hi glass_lover1,
Thanks for your post!
The shape is not familiar to me, but have seen other Cenedese pieces with that pulled design. I think Laura, a frequent member, had a bird for sale with that decoration a while back. I think I remember that. Maybe she is around to tell us if she knows.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline wrightoutlook

• Members
modern
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 02:31:38 AM »
There's a piece like this for sale at a local T. J. Maxx, including the same identification sticker.

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 02:48:26 AM »
Guess we know its new.
Thanks!
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
Re: modern
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 08:38:19 AM »
Quote from: "wrightoutlook"
There's a piece like this for sale at a local T. J. Maxx, including the same identification sticker.

Of course, they must have got it from somewhere. Even though it is brand new, it must still be made by someone or other in Murano or they couldn't put the sticker on.
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand