No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: prunted vase - any ideas? ID: Josef Hospodka Prachen Flower Vase  (Read 7207 times)

Anonymous

American Polished Pontils
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 09:45:31 PM »
Hi Connie, I can tell you both Blenko and Erickson ground and polished their pontils. On our site we have a button on the bottom of the page in "colors" that shows the ground and polished pontils of Blenko pieces. We are still under construction and will be adding the pictures of the entire pieces to show the piece and pontil. Hopefully soon, at any rate both Blenko and Erickson were American companies.

I'm sorry just to clarify... I meant they ground and polished their bases. Both ground and polished their pontils and then many pieces had ground and polished bases. Both can been seen on the blenkocollectors.com site.

CathyG

Connie

Strange mod prunted vase - any ideas?
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 01:30:01 AM »
Thank you for the correction, Cathy.

I have sold many pieces of Blenko and have never had one with a cut and polished base that I can recall.  Yes, with a polished pontil, rough pontil or of the course, the water bottle with no pontil mark.

Learn something new everyday  :lol:

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Strange mod prunted vase - any ideas?
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 03:29:54 PM »
Crumbs.  I've gone from having no books to having FOUR whole books!  Where will it end?   :lol:

Max xx

Feeling curious as to where it got to so far  ;)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Strange mod prunted vase - any ideas?
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
Well, firstly I ought to say that this is a 'Prachen glassworks flower vase' by Josef Hospodka dating 1969...info from Mark Hill's Hi Sklo Lo Sklo book.   ;)

...and I'm not sure how many glass book I've got now.  Too many to count...although most are in boxes.   ;) :thup:
I am not a man

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: prunted vase - any ideas? ID: Josef Hospodka Prachen Flower Vase
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 08:06:38 PM »
6 years,,,, solved :t:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »
and I am seriously jealous as it is the most gorgeous vase.... it's on my wish list.
m

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 10:36:37 PM »
Checkout http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/board,15.0.html for others on your wishlist  :ho:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:03 AM »
Frank I don't understand......??
Your link directs one to the unresolved glass.  None of the first 4 pages (hadn't the energy to go through any more) of which are on my wish list.  However, I did raise one old thread  ;D
m

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 11:25:38 AM »
That worked then  >:D those threads go back to 2004. There is a lot of info in there and a lot of pieces that have since been ID'd nut the old threads forgotten. Quite a few probable Czechian too.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 11:54:07 AM »

It did  ;D  and I am quite happy to trawl through old threads, I enjoy it and more so if I can help....however  :bsh: to those who either did not upload a picture on the board, or have deleted their pics....I get really annoyed as the information is wasted without the pictures  :grrr:
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand