No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Strange pattern - catalogued as Whitefriars = ID as RSW 25 for Kings Lynn  (Read 2364 times)

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
This is annoying me... I saw this vase on Monday at auction, it was catalogued as Whitefriars, but I can't find the pattern anywhere.... the pontil is a Whitefriars polished disc, and the top edge LOOKED quite WF-y, but I wasn't sure so left it alone.

Now it is really bugging me.... does anyone know if it is a pattern I just overlooked, or if not, what it might be?

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4335

thanks!

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline whitefriars 007

• Members
Hello Lynne

It could  be a Ronald stennet Wilson vase for Wedgwood? There are two listed on ebay Item number: 180062332584 and Item number: 190062345987 hope this helps.

Regards
Trudy :)

Offline Pinky

• Members
....Not totally certain - unfamiliar with all the Wedgy patterns but I'm thinking Trudy is right, Lynne - this one does look like a Kings Lynn/Wedgy. PinkyXX

Offline nigel benson

• Author
  • Members
  • British glass 1870-1980
    • British glass 1870-1980
    • http://www.20thcentury-glass.org.uk
Hello everyone,

No, not Whitefriars, but definately Ronald Stennett-Willson for Kings Lynn Glass. Item number RSW 25 and the third and final one from the textured range - all now having been discussed on the board :)

Hope that helps, Nigel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand