No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Toso x 2?  (Read 1547 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
Toso x 2?
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:15:29 PM »
Hi recently purchased two small millifiori vases at a Flea Market, not my usual cheap buys these. Does anyone know if they are Toso pieces and if so which Toso. Thanks.
I have created an entry on Glassgallery i.e. Toso showing photo's of both, having failed miserably earlier with a Scandy piece on GLASS. How do I get the Photo's here please? Or do I download again through Tinypic.
Should the photo's appear you will notice that on the taller vase there is a tiny hole in the millifiori pattern. The walls around the tiny hole are quite smooth as though it has always been there. Is this comman in this type of piece?
Thanks.
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Toso x 2?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 11:06:03 PM »
Hi Bryn,

Just copy and paste the URL from the info below your actual picture in the Gallery.
Like this:
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4355
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4356

By the way, I could not find Glassgallery entry called "Toso". Your two photos are actually titled "Is It Toso" and can be found by alphabetic listing of the images in the section for "01 Glass Images".

However, it is perhaps easier for folk to locate your images if you go the "GMB User Gallery" section and within that create an Album called "Lyndhurst44" or "Bryn" or whatever. Then you can upload all your images to that place, which can then be browsed much more easily.
(See the Help in the GlassGallery for simple instructions on creating an Album etc.)
KevinH

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
Thanks KevH,
Thanks for the advice. Getting a bit long in the tooth now and techno things take a bit longer to sink in I'm afraid. Like things to be straightforward and simple, probably sums me up at the moment! ::)
Does anyone have any thoughts on the two pieces I've listed?
Thanks,
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline chuggy

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 12:00:35 PM »
Hi Bryn your two pieces look like older examples from Fratelli Toso and are fairly typical of their work. Nice pieces though.
Paul
There is no distance on earth as far away as yesterday.

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 05:56:52 PM »
Thanks for that Paul, I think the older ones are more valuable. ;D
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 06:54:03 PM »
Hello Bryn,
Excellent finds!
Personaly I like the smaller, more colorful one.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand