No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Handkerchief vase with dog rose = Bagley  (Read 2344 times)

Offline liberty1

• Members
Handkerchief vase with dog rose = Bagley
« on: December 22, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »
Hello  I have an icicle/bark handkerchief vase which has a dog rose embossed on base. Does anyone have a clue as to the maker I have tried the usual sites  but so far no luck and it is so frustrating.
I don't think the vase is very oldbut I have run out of ideas :(

Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Doris

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Handkerchief vase with dog rose = Bagley
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 01:32:15 PM »
Forgot the picture link?

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 01:39:12 PM »
Sounds like a subject which was discussed a while ago on the board.  I think it was decided that the Tudor Rose symbol was used by Bagley or the firm which took them over, Rockware.  Is the rose like this? http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10048/Tudor_Rose_candle_holder_base.jpg
Leni

Offline liberty1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 02:53:59 PM »
es Leni mine seems very similar to yours I have looked up previous discussions no wonder I couldn't find anything I was looking under Dog Rose(plonker!)
I first thought Scandi then the rose put me off and I thought it must be English it is a nice piece of glass and I wouldn't say mine was yellowy but not bright crystal.
Good to know its Bagley
Thanks all
Doris.

PS Still trying to work out the pictures link

Offline sph@ngw

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
They did market a range late Sixties early Seventies under the name Tudor Rose (or was it White Rose for Yorkshire as bagleys and Rockware were niot very upmarket names! ?). I had a catalogue but donated it to the Broadfield House Museum Kingswinford ,so ask Roger Dodsworth!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand