No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: help with identity...please  (Read 3248 times)

Offline charlietaters

• Members
help with identity...please
« on: February 01, 2005, 10:14:59 AM »
http://www.byphotos.com/album/1186985

I have used up what little resources at my disposal and have been unable to identify an item of 'murano' glass, I am dearly hoping you may be able to shed some light on it for me.

I have attached a link above to my photos but I have never done this befor so I do not know if it will work also they are not the best so I will try and use words too, the first thing you would notice is the weight of it, it is NOT very heavy, I have a small Venini fazzoletti vase which is significantly heavier and has a 'ring' to it, this example hasn't really...the shape is loosely a 'heart' It has a 'snapped' and unpolished pontil to the base, it has a total of 4 twisted coloured canes emanating from the centre, the colours are interesting as the yellow cane is edged with 'bronze' aventurine, the blue, green and pink also sort of show this effect but not as clearly they may just have darker edges, sandwiched between each coloured cane are opaque (white) are they called filigrana lattice or weaved canes.

the dims are 12.5cm wide, by 12cm long and 4cm tall

Any help you can give me or suggest where else I might try and get assistance identifying it would be much appreciated, I do not want to give up, thanks again

yours

Chris...  
charlietaters@blueyonder.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand