Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Huge Textured (Scandinavian?) Ashtray

<< < (2/2)

Pinkspoons:
I've had a look around, and it does seem to be a fairly common pattern on eBay US. Not so keen on the dinnerware pieces - the design doesn't suit them as well as it suits the big chunky ashtrays. But that's the Scandi-fan in me.  ;D

Pip:
I agree Nic - I think it's really nice.  Just to let you know there's an identical one for sale on www.bigashtray.com

chopin-liszt:
 ;D

I like this Anchor Hocking much better than the red vases! I've got a couple of plates, the kind with a raised circle on them, to use as a holder for a drinking glass. I think this was a truly impractical fad, for use at cocktail parties. You're meant to be able to balance your nibbles (cheese and tinned pineapple and pickled onion on cocktail sticks, served stuck in half a grapefruit) and your glass on your plate while "circulating". I've stuck them on the kitchen wall, one on either side of the chimney bit of the extractor. I think they look like eyes on either side of a nose. That is not what most people think, but then, I've got a clean mind. ::)

Pinkspoons:

--- Quote from: Pip on December 30, 2006, 11:09:51 PM ---I agree Nic - I think it's really nice.  Just to let you know there's an identical one for sale on www.bigashtray.com

--- End quote ---

I like it in the Aquamarine colour on that site too. It's probably just as well they're not so common on this side of the Atlantic, otherwise I'd have a small army of them by now!  ;D

--- Quote from: chopin-liszt on December 31, 2006, 01:49:18 PM ---I think this was a truly impractical fad, for use at cocktail parties.
--- End quote ---

I've got one or two pieces of thoroughly impractical cocktail-party glassware - it's usually quirky but rarely decorative - so you're lucky you've found a use for yours...   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version