Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Scandinavian Glass

Does anyone recognise the signature? = Strömbergshyttan

<< < (3/4) > >>

svazzo:
Is this the same Artist signature?

I recently bought this ashtray, and wasnt sure if it was the same signature as Strombergshyttan? I saw that the # 32 - meant it was from 1947-54, and wanted to know what the # 104 means. Is this a more recent piece?   Thanks!
Javier

Max:

--- Quote ---Svazzo said: recently bought this ashtray, and wasnt sure if it was the same signature as Strombergshyttan? I saw that the # 32 - meant it was from 1947-54, and wanted to know what the # 104 means. Is this a more recent piece? Thanks!
--- End quote ---

OOoooh Javier!  That is drop dead GORGEOUS!  How big is it?  It's beautiful!

Max xx

svazzo:
Hi Max!
Thanks, I also like it very much.
It measures 3 3/4" tall x 4 1/2" wide (along the flat cut face).
Javier

Ivo:

--- Quote from: "svazzo" ---
I recently bought this ashtray, and wasnt sure if it was the same signature as Strombergshyttan? I saw that the # 32 - meant it was from 1947-54, and wanted to know what the # 104 means. Is this a more recent piece?   Thanks!
Javier
--- End quote ---

Yes that is another Strömbershyttan glass piece, signed in full. The code H is ashtray (B=vase, E=decanter, F=jamjar etc) and the number refers to the model.  All models were subsequently numbered and thus you can find out the design (though not production) year. Unfortunately I do not have the numbers for ashtrays, but for flower vases the highest number is 111 in 1936;   388 in 1944; 401 in 1947 etc.  So I would assume your ashtray with #32 was designed in the thirties.

svazzo:
Hi Ivo,
Thanks for the info!
The design # would not be the same as when it was made, but when the design was introduced right?
Javier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version