No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Davidson Glass colours help please  (Read 2790 times)

Offline untamed_lady2000

• Members
  • Australia
Re: Davidson Glass colours help please
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 10:29:57 PM »
Wow thank you all, thats a big help.

I have also seen a citrine/citron one so I guess I can add that to the list you have given me.

Dee
Dee

I wish you every happiness and may you always have the best of the good things in life.     A Brand

Offline sph@ngw

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 06:32:47 PM »
re: Black glass.
We glassmakers believe there is not really any such colour as black. It is a deep shade of purple or blue when sliced very finely1
We made some wonderful black side plates with a pressed underneath and highly polished top face and some fruit bowls with indents for stones (for Nestle cream milk) with "tinker, tailor, soldier, sailor", over 300,000 in pale blue and about 250 in black so very rare now!
regards, Stephen

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »
We made some wonderful plack side plates with a pressed underneath and highly polished top face and some fruit bowls with indents for stones ( for Nestle cream milk) with "tinker, tailor, Soldier, sailor",

As seen Page 183 '20th Century Glass' by Andy McConnell.   ;D

I am not a man

Offline chocco1341

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • all glass
    • Australia
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »
Hi. I own a Cobalt Blackberry prunt on a chrome base. Have never seen another. A member of my Glass & ceramic group said she found info that it was only made in that colour for 1 year i think it was 1959? Not sure how accurate that info was though. But its one of my favourite pieces and have a Murano penguin in it as if it were a small float bowl. lol For some reason it never allows me to post pics on here, Always says they are too big and have no idea how to make them smaller.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand