No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Turquoise/white cased vase with 'snowflake' pattern = OPALINA FIORENTINA  (Read 8938 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
The seller has kindly given permission for her photo to be used and sent me the photo.  The vase this is on is a yellow version of the teal blue one at the top of this thread and the same vase as green one I have.
h/w attached.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Turquoise/white cased vase with 'snowflake' pattern = OPALINA FIORENTINA
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 10:03:22 AM »
Also on a large Snowflake vase, this time green.

John

Offline Officinaquack

• Members
  • Bormioli, Fidenza Vetraria, Saivo, Covetro...
    • Glassware
    • Italy
Lavorato a Mano -> Hand made

Offline inexpertewan

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass in general
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2022, 03:53:51 PM »
This is "Snowflake", "Opalina Fiorentina" by Stelvia, Empoli glass. I have seen its design attributed to both Wayne Husted and Carlo Moretti. I've sought a clarification from Wayne Husted's website which has an interesting account of his time with Stelvia that discusses and illustrates his "Antigua" range from the early '60s and how it was made. "Antigua" did not include this design.

Offline inexpertewan

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Glass in general
    • United Kingdom
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2022, 12:47:14 PM »
Embarrassingly, having landed in Husted's blog via a link on a Search Engine: I hadn't realised he had died about fifteen years ago. I thought he must be an advanced age and was remarkable to still be blogging. I couldn't find a way to delete or rephrase my request to "him" (it should have been to the site's webmaster).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand