No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Plea for images (Schrötter)  (Read 6282 times)

Sklounion

Plea for images (Schrötter)
« on: January 10, 2007, 06:04:41 PM »
Hi,
As people may be aware, I have recently posted a page on Rudolf Schrötter to the Sklo Union web-site, with an accompanying design/pattern numbers page.

I personally cannot afford to buy every piece, in order to populate that resource, with contemporary images, rather than catalogue line drawings of his patterns.

Please, if you are prepared to offer the use of contemporary images, copyright acknowledged, naturally, please could you contact me at some point. (Not immediately, I have a e-mail issue to sort out, but I will post here to let you know it is sorted out).

Thanks in advance for any assistance members may be able to offer.

Regards,

Marcus

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Plea for images (Schrötter)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »
Marcus,

You're more than welcome to use my pictures of the 7604 celery http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4521

If they're of use to you, let me know when your email is back up & running & i will send the originals.

All the best,

Steven

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 07:24:12 PM »
Marcus, I believe I only have Rudolf Schrotter's bullet vases - I don't think I have any of his other designs unfortunately but you know already that you're welcome to absolutely any of my images with pleasure.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:40:02 PM »
Hi Marcus, I think I do not have got anything important Schrötter, if at all - but feel free to import from my pages, if you should find something  :-*
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:14:39 PM »
The same here Marcus.  You are more than welcome to use any. ;)
Anne E.B

Sklounion

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 08:25:21 PM »
Thanks for the rapid response.
I managed to buy one example of a scarce Schrotter pattern, but there are so many pieces, it would not be feasable to try to by them all, he was just too prolific.....
I hope these two pages will become a useful addition to our knowledge, but I cannot really do more than host the facility, as I do not want to find myself having to make the difficult choice between my raison d'etre, and and an incidental/spin-off interest.
I know you will understand where I'm coming from...... left side of the field :)

My respect for all your help,

Marcus

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 09:23:02 PM »
Marcus, I've just had a good look at your new Schrotter pages - fantastic work, made for very interesting reading.  Obviously, having looked at your links, they're not items I've ever had or probably am likely to have since they fall outside my remit (1950 to 1979 inc.) however, I shall keep my eyes peeled on the off-chance and should I come across any on my travels I'll be in touch.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 10:20:32 PM »
Marcus I don't think I have any of the pieces you're looking for but if you happen to spot any in my own album collection you're more than welcome to use the images. http://www.yobunny.org.uk/gallery1/
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »
Marcus - I have some "Lord" images (in Carnival) - are they any use?
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:37:05 PM »
Marcus - I may be barking up the wrong tree - or just barking mad >:D, but Steven's 7604 celery looks very much like a small 3" high approx. vase (spill vase?) that I have recently acquired.  I don't think its a drinking glass because of the thick rounded rim.  On the base it has APPLIED FOR REGN.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/glassie/miscel-23.jpg
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand