No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Plea for images (Schrötter)  (Read 6286 times)

Offline fit3xl

• Members
Re: Plea for images (Schrötter)
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 10:59:16 AM »
Hi, I've been collecting Sklo Union for a couple of years now and would be delighted if you could use any of the images here;

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa278/fit3xl/sklo%20union/

I really enjoy reading all the contributions to the site, thanks! Fitz.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 09:46:19 PM »
Hi Fitz - what a great collection you've got going there! Thanks a lot for sharing it - I'm a Sklo Union enthusiast of a couple of years also :-)  I was interested to see the blue vase on the right hand side in your Sklo005 image - hubby came back from a car boot sale with one exactly the same today.

Sklounion

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 06:29:24 AM »
Nice collection of glass and thank you for the offer.
Your vase shown on the right-hand side of image sklo018, is not Sklo Union, but a "Lyon" pattern vase, from VLG Lausitz, from around 1969.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Jay

• Members
    • http://www.hogelandshoeve.be
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 07:54:04 AM »
We would be happy to supply more images Marcus, but there  is a problem with the display of the images we already provided which don't show correctly on the site  at  the moment.
In fact very many of the images simply do not load for me, which makes it kinda difficult to know what's what!

We can also offer a good collection of Teplitz and recent acquisitions include a Fruit  test and plate in amber (Argos) Sugar and cream (Argos)

We also  have  gateau and  sides for "' Breitecken" lily decorated base" however when we posted a pic on GMB not long ago we were universally informed  that the image is NOT a lily (or a parakeet tulip) but an iris!
I  have to say that I don't understand  what sort of lily it  could represent (certainly none of the types that I have in my garden collection!)

Baroque and Boule are patterns that we  try to avoid but which are very common, so will be happy to break our rule and buy some items if they are of use to you! (typically 2/3 euros per item)

We can offer 12 bullets in various colours and another 4 in 'extra large' size', and another 6 'double bullets' (where the design is repeated twice in the height of the vase)
Dutch and Flemish 20th Century Factory Glass

Sklounion

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 01:44:12 PM »
Hi Jay,
Thank you,
I'll contact you via e-mail.
Re images, many of the problems were caused by corrupted uploads on an appaling dial-up connection. I will be re-uploading many items, (using the whizzy ADSL connection and hope that that cures some of the problems) and those items deliberately removed following the snap.com affair, now resolved. (See Cafe Forum)
Regards,
Marcus

Offline fit3xl

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 03:49:33 PM »
Thanks for the replies people and the I.D on the Lyon pattern vase Marcus.
I picked up two separate vases while on holiday on the south coast a couple of years ago, not knowing they were related in any way, but I was just drawn to the quality and originality of the pieces. I then slowly realised (largely through your fantastic website Marcus) that there was a whole extended family of brilliantly designed glass out there.
Sklo Union.Com has been a real inspiration and brought a lot of pleasure to me in that time. A round of applause is fully deserved Sir!  :hiclp:

Sklounion

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
Thank you, Fitz, a pleasure, but it is my friends here and elsewhere who have to be thanked for all their efforts and continuing support.
Jay, I have tweaked the Schrötter pages, which seem, in IE at least, to be ok. Anyone spotting problems please don't hesitate to tell me.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 05:10:23 PM »
Marcus, would you let us know when all the pics are up and running please?  I was going to link a listing to your site, but as I couldn't view the pics, thought it better not to at the moment.
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Sklounion

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »
Hi Lynne.....
Doing my best, and ADSL has made a big difference..... keep checking, but as I've said before, I need to know where the problems are....
Regards,
Marcus

Sklounion

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 09:21:41 AM »
Hi,
All available images have now been replaced. Those still missing need to be re-photographed as originals and uploaded versions have been corrupted. Other-wise on Some Views, only one image need to be replaced. and two on the Identification page., as far as I can see.
Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand