No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimaki or not Riihimaki that is the question.  (Read 6026 times)

Offline Pat

• Members
Re: Riihimaki or not Riihimaki that is the question.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 12:11:17 PM »
Wish I could find things like that a jumble sale. Very very nice buys. Congratulations.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
That's the one I got pop-up bombed at Anne!  Probably harmless (you'd know, not me  :() but one of them was some kind of drive cleaner thing that I just couldn't shake off.  She didn't use to have them on there, did she?

Hi Max,  OooooerrrrI didn't see those as I run under Linux with javascripts off by default, but you are right, there is something nasty there. Allowing the scripts to run I find it's a link to Winfixer which is a bad news type of program (but harmless to my Linux box), so I'll remove the active link from my and your replies above and email Tiina to let her know there's a problem with her hosting. She's probably totally unaware of it.  :-\
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
The pop-ups have been there for a couple of months or more - I stopped refering to the site when I first encountered them.  >:(

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:22 PM »
Hi Pat,
You really have to get there virtually as the doors open as the bargains always disappear early. In saying that you still have a chance with some pieces of glass. Everyone seems to be selling on Ebay these days so the named ceramic items are snapped up in a flash.  Then it's exactly as Pip discribed.
Did anyone see the Sun Sea and Bargains BBC TV programme yesterday all the way from Turin in Italy when a Whitefriars Cinnemon drunken bricklayer vase was snapped up in a flea market for just 25 euros and then sold back in the UK for £250. Brilliant!  8)
Back to the matter in hand, isn't the aforementioned Tiina's website the same as listed under Scandinavian on the Glassoholic website? I assume it is so we had better give that a wide berth too.
Cheers,
Bryn(not Brian)

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 08:11:45 PM »
Did anyone see the Sun Sea and Bargains BBC TV programme yesterday all the way from Turin in Italy when a Whitefriars Cinnemon drunken bricklayer vase was snapped up in a flea market for just 25 euros and then sold back in the UK for £250. Brilliant! 

Bryn - the bricklayer buyer was Pinky!  See the thread on www.whitefriars.com forum, I thought she did brilliantly!   :D
I am not a man

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 08:36:38 PM »
Bryn - the bricklayer buyer was Pinky!  See the thread on www.whitefriars.com forum, I thought she did brilliantly!   :D

Yep I saw her too Max - I thought she was extremely generous!  That's got to be a first though -Mark Franks buying something decent and actually knowing what it was  :P!

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 09:13:02 PM »
Back to the matter in hand, isn't the aforementioned Tiina's website the same as listed under Scandinavian on the Glassoholic website? I assume it is so we had better give that a wide berth too.
Cheers,
Bryn(not Brian)

Hi Bryn, yes Tiina was listed on Glasslinks but it's now been removed until I am certain the site is clean again. Glasslinks itself *is* clean - it's on my server and I know it intimately!   ;D
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 09:23:07 PM »
Hey yes, Pinky really knows her Whitefriars and the export stamp would automatically make it more desirable. She was generous but she did get an item I would love to own but you know me , I would have to lean more towards the 25 euros price than the £250. I'm a poor retired man you know. >:D 

Bryn (not Brian)

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Ooh, is this your middle one:

http://www.glasgaleriezindel.eu/album2/image.php?cat_id=13&img=1169065535

There's an attribution to A. Okkolin, Riihimäen Lasi, Circa 1970, and it's apparently known as a Chimney Vase.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 07:50:14 PM »

Yep I saw her too Max - I thought she was extremely generous!  That's got to be a first though -Mark Franks buying something decent and actually knowing what it was  :P!

I'm surprised he didn't think it was Murano...

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand