No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is Anyone a big Fire King collector? I have a few questions!!  (Read 988 times)

Offline sarsi

• Members
Is Anyone a big Fire King collector? I have a few questions!!
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »
Okay, on the Jadite Grease gar and salt and pepper shaker set with the screw-on tulip lids... my Fire King book says that they shakers are worth $90-100 with mint lids. I am considering buying a pair that the pepper shaker has a little scuff mark on it and the salt lid is pretty faded..almost pink looking. Do you know how much that knocks the price down?

I am also considering buying a royal ruby anchor hocking small ball pitcher that has a small chip on the ice lip. What does that do to the value of the piece?

And, my last question :) I found a wexford style pitcher at a thrift store for $6 but am cautious to buy it because it has noticable seam lines down the sides. Does the Anchor Hocking style have this or is it probably a "copied" piece?

Thanks in advance for ANY info you can give me!!!
Sarsi :D

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline untamed_lady2000

• Members
  • Australia
Re: Is Anyone a big Fire King collector? I have a few questions!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 12:54:13 AM »
I do have some Fire King sets but I am not all that knowledgable on the subject.

As for damaged peices - I normally don't touch them. If the damage is on a bakelite lid or a chrome stand or such, I will consider it if I think I can replace the damaged part with another genuine one. If its the glass itself that is damaged, I won't touch. Some say I am too fussy  :)

I collect pressed glass which has noticeable seam lines. I guess blown glass wouldn't have them. Maybe someone who knows more could help with that. My Anchor Hocking vases don't have a seam lines at all.

Don't know if that is any help.
Dee

I wish you every happiness and may you always have the best of the good things in life.     A Brand

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand