No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco Amber Comport  (Read 1246 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Art Deco Amber Comport
« on: January 21, 2007, 08:58:29 AM »
Hi

I noticed this amber comport centrepiece on ebay as Brockwitz / Walther, is this not a Jobling piece, I pretty sure I saw this for sale at Kempton 2 weeks ago but decided to leave it as I was a little unsure http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270078569021

mhgcgolfclub

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: Art Deco Amber Comport
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:11 AM »
I thought I had the answer for a moment, but I haven't.  However, as you don't seem entirely sure of what you saw, you might like to look at this link anyway:

http://www.pressglas-korrespondenz.de/aktuelles/pdf/pk-2005-1w-blomfield-aufsatz-cherubs.pdf 

Tigerchips kindly pointed these out to me in a much earlier thread.  :)
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Decolucretia

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 12:34:50 PM »
I have this piece in a pale amethyst (almost pink) - it's lovely and interestingly glows under UV...but this is beside the point. 
I have a copy of an advert by Jobling (from The Pottery Gazette and Glass Trade Review) dated February 1, 1935 and it shows the comport (as displayed on ebay) so I'm fairly sure it's a Jobling piece.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »
Jobling catalogue no. 2593, reg. no. 799881. Design registered on the 2nd of February 1935. Modelled by Etienne Franckhauser. (ref. Baker & Crowe)

I was the winner of this comport and hope to add pictures of it and my other weekend purchase, a wonderful 4050 lozenge pattern water jug, to my Jobling gallery shortly.

Steven

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand