No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: IOW wannabe bird? ID = Gordon Studios, Melbourne, Australia  (Read 4705 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: IOW wannabe bird? ID = Gordon Studios, Melbourne, Australia
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:20:55 PM »
Crikey, that took some finding Cathy. ;) Good to see a result finally though... and another new name for us to explore. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 09:44:35 PM »

Offline ahremck

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 01:29:25 AM »
Not quite right Frank.  Eileen is the daughter of Alisdair & Rish Gordon who live & work in Perth, as does their talented son Kevin.

At the time this was originally put up I think that she was still working in Rosebud a suburb of Melbourne on the bay.  At or about this time she mover to Red Hill a little further inland and a little closer to Melbourne.  She is married to Grant Donaldson (an ex farmer turned glass artist) and they have children - one of whom, Hamish I have already bought a pwt from.

Grant signs his pieces "Grant Donaldson" or "G Donaldson" - he mainly makes large pieces.
Eileen signs hers "Eileen Gordon" or "EG"
Hamish signed his as "H Donaldson"

In addition they have always had production Pwts and other smaller items signed "GS" which means they were intended as production items and may have been made by anyone at the studio including such well known assistants as Nadia Mercuri (herself a well respected artist who assisted the day I had a go at making some pwts).

I have examples of all of the Gordon family as well as of Grant & Hamish Donaldson.
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand