No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue Fluted vase = Jan Schmid, Rosice, Sklo Union, Czechoslovakia  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Hi Everyone
                 been round the charity shops again today came home with four pieces of Glass, the first was this Blue Vase, with flute or ribs, dont know if im right in that description, this Vase stands 6ins high and a 3ins top opening it is fairly heavy, weighs 555grams. can any give me info whom made the vase and when please.

While i am posting now can i please ask if i am being a pest with all the posts i am doing but its the best way to get to know about glass as well of cause the few books i have bought, but you cant beat having a talk about the items to some one else can, so please do say so, if i am,
                                                                                                                                                                               Kind Regards
                                                                                                                                                                                Gilead

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Re: Blue Fluted vase
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 05:28:25 PM »

Hi Gilead,

You will find your answer in this thread: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,2038.0.html
Makes very interesting reading too.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
Hi Gilead,
Moderator I may be, dragon I am not... ;D ;D (OK, get in line anyone who disputes this....)
Yes, this is good, a fine piece of design, made at the Rosice factory of Sklo Union. Date of introduction @1960-61
These are known in un-coloured glass, :-* and: a non-uranium green, dark green, aubergine, amethyst, turquoise, sky-blue, cobalt, amber, citrine, and many daily variants.... and two sizes, little, 150 mm, big, 200mm.
A nice find.
Regards,
Marcus

Sklounion

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »
I have not got round to correcting this, but this vase, Rosice pattern number 1032/150  is a  design by Jan Schmid, and neither of the two designers previously attributed to this vase, assumptions that have been made elsewhere, and wrongly used by me. Recently, I found papers which clarified the issue, tho the papers are capable of being wrong also.
Regards,
Marcus

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand