Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Green Glass Float Bowl ?

(1/4) > >>

Ambergreen:
This green glass bowl is approx 27cm wide and 6.5cm high. It is curved which reminds me of a float bowl. It also has a raised pattern on the inside of what appears to be a pointsettia flower, surrounded by other flowers and dragonflies/butterflies (or moths ;)) There aren't any distinguising marks on it other than the pattern. What do you think? Old or new? English or other?

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4766

Cheers,
Lyn

Mod: Fixed link

Cathy B:
Completely worthless, Lyn. Better send it to me for confirmation though  ;)

Waterlily and dragonfly float bowl, made by the Crystal Glass Co (of Australia) pre 1926 and possibly Crown Crystal post-1926.

Ambergreen:
He he he, sounds intriguing :D Thank you for that clear identification.   Have you seen many of these around?

Cheers,
Lyn

Cathy B:
Rare as hen's teeth, Lyn. It's one of the carnival patterns and comes in marigold and dark amethyst. The carnival patterns sometimes appear in other Crown colours such as rosalyn, emerald green, citron and pastel blue, but they're not common. It's a beautiful piece.

Cheers,
Cathy

Ambergreen:
Oh wow! Mum will be pleased. She found it for me amongst the boxes when they were setting up for their local church fete!! Well, just let me know if you need a pic for your web page ;). Thanks for all your help :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version