No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Moving forward on the web. Ysartglass and more...  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Moving forward on the web. Ysartglass and more...
« on: January 30, 2007, 01:28:05 PM »
I had been finding it increasingly difficult to keep up to date with the site due to the time it takes to modify the html pages. There are a several new pages in the pipeline and I will complete these asap.

Rather than continue the process of upgrading all of the catalogues, I intend to continue the catalogues as part of the Scotland's Glass site - Instead of having to fiddle with html formatting and coding for each image, I can just write the text and select the images from the harddisk, thumbnails and page layout just happen :)

That project also ground to a halt due to technical problems but these have mostly been resolved and work has restarted on that site.

I do need more finance to increase the time I can spend on all of these products for the glass community. Ysartglass.com has been funded for several years hosting thanks to generous contribution and surplus from the 2005 Perth conference, would any of the contributors object to that money also being used to fund Scotland's Glass.

There is another way that people can help me out, I have created another site - The Glass Zoo - born out of the Pirelli Glass catalogues - which is intended to be a database of all glass figures, so many are unidentified and increasing knowledge of other animal producers will expand understanding of Pirelli figures as well as the others. This site is accessed by a subscription of just 5 euros per year, and by joining that you are helping to sponsor and preserve the work on all of the websites. All of my sites are the efforts of many collectors, I see myself as the facilitator, due to life pressures I need this extra funding to facilitate my facilitating. Link to the zoo is below, it does not have its own url yet, but can always be reached from www.debook.com

I continue to need submissions for all sites and will be doing my best to clear all the backlogs.

Any PHP programmers that would like to take part in these projects by customising and maintaining the open source code base would also be very welcomed. Young blood is also needed to continue the work into the future, Ysartglass needs little expansion, but Scotlands Glass, The Glass Zoo and another in the pipeline will need to be managed indefinitely.

Thank you for all of your support over the past 8 years. Also for the last twenty one years for those that helped in the days of the original  Monart & Vasart Collectors Club

Offline alice

• Members
Re: Moving forward on the web. Ysartglass and more...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
The donations of money to the Ysart  Glass fund were to support the site so I would be happy if the money left in the fund was spent on whatever is necessary to continue site development.
Alice

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand