No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Need Assistance Finding Perthshire Info and Value--Book? Site?  (Read 8593 times)

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Need Assistance Finding Perthshire Info and Value--Book? Site?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 12:17:42 AM »
Well done, Janette. 3 out 3 correct ... at least as far as I can tell using the book!

As well as having variations within design number, yes, the colours (and the actual canes) differed as well. In some cases, the change of colours can easily convince people, visually, that it is not the design that it is supposed to be! This is particulalry true where there is a strong contrast between adjacent colours and that weight is compared to one of the same design but with subdued colouring.

------------------
For even more amazing visual surprises in paperweights, see my comments in this message:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,9305.0.html
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline janettekay

• Members
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 03:40:13 PM »
As promised--I am attaching link for the other 4 weights I have hopefully ID'd.
If anyone can confirm-I would again appreciate it....
janette

please see notes--re: possible years--though I do feel they are 1985 

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jjjleber/album/576460762389221059

1. pp53
2.pp 3
3.pp61
4. pp 75

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
Tick, for all four, using the book.

I think you should really consider hanging on to all of your Perthshire Paperweights items as they will probably become more valuable over time now that they are no longer produced. But an even better reason is that it would be good fun to try to find examples of the variations, were they were made, for each design. Imagine the joy of a collection building up like that, and being able to explain it all to friends and family etc. ;D
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline janettekay

• Members
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »
Thanks Kevin---I really do feel proud of myself--and so grateful to all of you for getting me started in the right direction..
I will be getting the Complete Guide book-as soon as I can get a deal...(I assume new version is awhile off-yes?)

I already have 5   Perthshires in my collection--(and now researching them)-
-
possible PP58- 1995 except mine is all faceted (5+1) -is that possible?

PP227 --I think I have the cert. in attic....

PP 2  1988 

Pershire LE  1973-scramble --which I love and started me on my Perthshire interest...

and
a pink and yellow faceted piece-with a certificate that says it is a craftsman one-off piece-no date...no idea date--I got in 2003-can't find any info..

Re: keep them all --I would if I could-but really will HAVE to sell some
Will  be selling  3 Christmas weights-but have no prices yet (I know the crown is expensive)--and at least 4-6 others.....

But yes--I have some favorites--and will be looking for more of them-someday...

If you can assist me in any way with additional info besides replying here--please feel free to email me....as I do not wish to monopolize  the site.....

janette

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand