No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Leaf shaped Gold Aventurine dish Signed... Murano?  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
Leaf shaped Gold Aventurine dish Signed... Murano?
« on: February 06, 2007, 09:52:47 PM »
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here can help me determine if this signature is a Murano glass maker or something else. The glass has all the characteristics of Murano Glass and I found a few leaf dishes on the Great-Glass library pages that looked similar but I just can't determine what this signature says and have been fruitless in my searching of google and elsewhere.

It measures 5 1/2" long and 4" wide, a really deep deep greenish black topped with Gold Aventurine and cased in clear glass.

The Signature looks to me like Gambervoll or Sambervoll but there's a bit in the center that I might not be reading right.

Please help I'm so at my wit's end on this one lol.

TIA

Cat

Click for larger images

Offline svazzo

• SVAZZO
  • Members
    • www.SVAZZO.com
Re: Leaf shaped Gold Aventurine dish Signed... Murano?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 12:09:25 AM »
I think the piece is inscribed as a wedding gift maybe?
I dont think its a Murano signature, but it looks like an Archimede Seguso piece.
He did a lot of this little leaf pieces.
Javier
Offering Vintage and Antique Murano Glass • Free Shipping Worldwide!
www.SVAZZO.com

Offline Catisfaction

• Members
Re: Leaf shaped Gold Aventurine dish Signed... Murano?
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:43:07 PM »
Thankyou so much for that suggestion, I hadn't even considered that the signature might be post production.

I agree that It looks like a segusio piece so I will list with these suggestions. Thankyou again.

Cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand