No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lasi Clown Vase - any ideas please???  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Martinus

• Members
Lasi Clown Vase - any ideas please???
« on: February 07, 2007, 04:50:25 PM »
Hi, can anyone tell me the identification  of this vase, it looks like the Lasi clown vase but it only has the one set of bubbles. Any info would be great!!

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-4926

mod: title changed to encourage interest

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Lasi Clown Vase - any ideas please???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »
Hi, on page 219 of Millers 20th Century Glass by Andy McConnell there's photographed something similar - the Pajazzo vases designed in 1970 by Nanny Still for Riihimaki however as you say they have two sets of bumps, a quite different rim feature and also they're two coloured.  The text underneath doesn't mention any made in tangerine - just yellow/olive, yellow/rubin, yellow/blue - although Nanny Still did use a bright tangerine colour in lots of her designs so it is possible ... but as I said, your shape isn't in any of my books unfortunately so I'd suggest it's a lookeylikey.  It's jolly nice though, just the sort of thing I go for - bright and funky.

Offline Martinus

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:03:05 PM »
Yes I know this is a tricky one, I also have looked in many of my books but cannot find anything. Thanks for your input anyway!!

Offline Martinus

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 08:37:03 AM »
Hi again, I know I asked if anyone had any idea to the designer of this vase quite a while ago of which no one seems to be able to help me. I now have 2 of these vases and would really like some info, if anyone out there can help I would really appreciate it as I would like to sell 1 of them.

many thanks!

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 09:53:13 AM »
I've looked through the designs by Helena Tynell & Nanny Still and it doesn't appear to be by either of them.   :-\  Sorry I can't be more help.
I am not a man

Offline Martinus

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 05:02:10 PM »
Thanks for looking, it really is a tricky one!!  ??? ???

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:00:10 PM »
Hi Martinus,

Thanks to inca (Ingela), it looks as though your vase can be attributed!  ;D

http://www.faglaviksglas.se/ovrigtglas.htm

Scroll down a little and......hey presto! There it is.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Martinus

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 08:28:50 AM »
Wow!!!! that's fantastic, I've had 2 of these vases for a while and I have searched through every thing looking for them. I knew they had to be Scandinavian, your a star  :o ;) ;) Many thanks!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand