Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Am I Scottish? Small signed vase - ID = Deborah Fladgate

<< < (2/3) > >>

aa:
I don't recognise the piece, but like Frank, I did think that 589 could be May 89, or it could be S 89 for Summer 89 or Studio 89 depending on how it was set out. From the photo of the signature it could possibly be Fladgate, which would suggest Deborah Fladgate, but I reiterate that I do not recognise this as a piece of her work (which doesn't mean that it isn't hers).

You would need to look at the signature again to see if Fladgate is a possibility and then if so seek confirmation directly from her.

Signatures are difficult to photograph. :)

catshome:
aa-mazing!  Fladgate it is - once you know what it might say it's so obvious!!!!  And I had another look at the number - could easily be S89 rather than 589. 

It's a really cute piece and even nicer now that I can find out more about the maker.

Many thanks
Cat

catshome:
Have just done a little more research to find out about Deborah Fladgate and it seems she's based in Kinnesswood, Scotland................so it looks like "I'm Scottish after all"!  Cat

Frank:
If in checking, you get her CV, work sample pics, contact data, etc. She can go into Scotlands Glass, credited to you for doing the work.  :)

chopin-liszt:
 ;D

Deborah Fladgate is Scottish. Rather a well respected artist too.
I believe she won the prize at the SGS Exhibition last time it was in the Strathearn Gallery in Crieff. (2/3 years ago.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version