No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Ysart work archives  (Read 3741 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Ysart work archives
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »
Just reading through your post again and notice that you have Vincent starting on 25/12/22  (Christmas day) !
That does seem a bit odd, I intend to back to to library to do some more research into the Moncrieff archives and will recheck that date. In Scotland a person could leave school at the Christmas break if they were of school leaving age and not stay on till the Summer break.

You also show him as working in the Hendries Dept. Any idea what that might be as I can find no trace of what Hendries are.
The job title Hendries Dept is used throughout the ledger, I will try and find some more information on the subject when I return to the library.
Below is a sample of the ledger showing Salvador, Paul and Augustin signature in the ledger.
Gary

Offline Derek

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 11:55:53 PM »
Hi Gary

Will be VERY interested to find out what Hendries refers too and that page with the three signatures is amazing !

I have PM'ed you if you click on "my messages" at the top of the screen you should see it.

Best regards

Derek

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 10:14:02 AM »
Hi Derek for some reason I don't recieve PM's, you can email me if you like.
Below are two more images from the ledger.
Gary

Offline Derek

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 11:01:55 AM »
Hi Gary

Sorry its wasn't  a PM as such - I followed the instructions on Annes techie tips : "allowing other members to e-mail you" clicked on your envelope which bought up the e-mail screen. I then composed and sent the e-mail  and it appeared to send OK!

Unfortunately your e-mail address is not shown so I can't e-mail you direct. Just a thought.... do you have a seperate e-mail address for this board - perhaps the e-mail is in there?

Best regards

Derek

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 01:31:17 AM »
For confirmation, Personal Messaging is only active for Moderators (even though the PM icon is seen by all signed-in members).

The email address via the email icon is the "direct email" for the member.
KevinH

Offline Derek

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 11:08:25 AM »
Hi Kev

For some reason Gary is not getting these direct-email - but we are in touch now.
He has contactd Ann re the problem.

Thanks

Derek

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
Below images are from the Moncrieffs employee's ledger showing Vincent's entry in the ledger.
I had to take two separate images, I have inserted a red line.
Hendrie's Dept is first mentioned in the ledger on the 28/8/1919 and last mentioned in 1938. A total of 41 persons were taken on between these years, the majority of these were employed straight from school.
Gary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand