No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: F or E ZAN France opalescent fruit bowl - ID = Ezan  (Read 5647 times)

Offline colin3142

• Members
F or E ZAN France opalescent fruit bowl - ID = Ezan
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:05:43 AM »
I have had a fruit bowl of opalescent glass for some years.  It is 32 cm in diameter and has a bird pattern with cherries and grapes. The base is old stainless steel in a stepped pattern with a central conical 'screw'.  Today whilst admiring it in the sunlight I noticed some markings on one of the logs that the birds are sitting on.  It says: F Zan (underlined) France or it could be E Zan with the base of the E being the underline.  Does anyone know what this means?  All the best - Colin

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Re: F or E ZAN France opalescent fruit bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:26:11 AM »
Hi Colin

Its Ezan, I have a comport which is signed with the top of the E and bottom of the Z which underlines the word, as far as I know they were a French Glass Maker

regards roy

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:40:32 AM »
Possibly a brand name but found on good quality lighting and glass.

http://www.antike-lampen.de/anr0705-11.htm

Offline colin3142

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »
Many thanks.  The EZAN "signature" is less ornate that the one illustrated but I'm sure that's what it is. All the best - Colin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand