No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Monart mushroom lamp  (Read 4056 times)

Offline Margaret

• Members
Monart mushroom lamp
« on: February 24, 2005, 05:06:25 PM »
Hi
I have come across a Monart mushroom lamp and am concerned in case it is a fake. There is no sticker and the pontil is completely ground down into a smooth depression similar to what I have seen on Whitefriars glass. The glass is a light green colour with pale yellow,  and has gold inclusions. The shade is held in place on a fitting with adjustable arms with screws as I have seen on your website. It has a glass base and shade and looks very similar to the lamp on your Monart lighting page under the heading P23 Pedestal base.
I would be grateful for your comments as soon as possible.
Many thanks
Margaret

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Monart mushroom lamp
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 05:30:15 PM »
Margaret,

I presume your query is aimed at Frank.   If so, you could help him a great deal by providing several photographs of all the salient features of this mushroom lamp.

If you are not sure how to do this, please ask, and you will find that help is forthcoming.

Bernard C  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Monart mushroom lamp
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 06:04:32 PM »
Hi Margaret,

The P23 base has an applied feet and these always were ground out underneath. I would need to see a picture to be clear. You can see some of the fake mushroom lamps on this page Fake Ysart Glass. I have not yet heard of a fake with a screw fitting so that is a good indicator.

Regards

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand