No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ARCHIVE? Signature K-11 R-e.56 and R-e -57, K 16  (Read 13376 times)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
ARCHIVE? Signature K-11 R-e.56 and R-e -57, K 16
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 03:59:42 PM »
Completely unable to reconstruct where my data came from, but it is certain that I did not make up Fåglavik  :D

vidfletch

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 05:33:16 PM »
The plot thickens!

In Lesley Jackson's book "20th Century Factory Glass" it states that Paul Kedelv worked for Reijmyre from 1956 to 1978!

It says he created more than 1100 designs while there and mentions various ranges of glass he developed. The last one SHE mentions was in 1965 which was series of textural vases.

Could have have done a bit of freelance work?

Vidfletch :twisted:

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 05:48:49 PM »
Ivo,

Sure you weren't slipping in a few "facts" to detect plaigarism ?  :lol:

My favourites from Chambers dictionary (1998 edition) are:

eclair:-  a cake “long in shape, but short in duration”,
middle aged:- a period “between youth and old age, variously reckoned to suit the reckoner”
paneity:- “the state of being bread”, and
taghairm:- “(in the Scottish highlands) divination; especially inspiration sought by lying in a bullock’s hide behind a waterfall”

(shamelessly plaigarised from the net !)

Taylog1

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Paul Kedelv and Reijmyre
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 06:15:20 PM »
I am not sure where this is going but lets get one thing
straight. The answer is to go to my source and see if
my information is correct which I said I would do.
This way, we all will get the data which I assume is the goal of this site.
I will also check to get some information on Fåglavik
Glasbruk. Fåglavik is a city in the middle of the country
towards the west coast and south of Lidköping.

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 06:31:03 PM »
Bill,

I for one wasn't implying anything by my comment, simply trying to bring a smile to a few faces at the end of a long day - apologies if you took offense, none intended.

Taylog1

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Paul Kedelv
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 08:09:28 PM »
No problem. It spent four hours in classes on Swedish and one tends to loss your sense of humor trying to figure out why each verb has five different forms or nouns can have four different ways to make a plural.

And I thought English, my native language, was difficult.

No offense taken

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 08:35:55 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Ivo,

Sure you weren't slipping in a few "facts" to detect plaigarism ?  :lol:

My favourites from Chambers dictionary (1998 edition) are:

eclair:-  a cake “long in shape, but short in duration”,
middle aged:- a period “between youth and old age, variously reckoned to suit the reckoner”
paneity:- “the state of being bread”, and
taghairm:- “(in the Scottish highlands) divination; especially inspiration sought by lying in a bullock’s hide behind a waterfall”

(shamelessly plaigarised from the net !)

Taylog1

It's been a long day, I suggest you take a hot bath and a cup of tea, it will do you good.

Sklounion

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 10:52:44 PM »
Taylog1,

With respect, I think Ivo and Bill have been very tolerant and restrained in their responses. There will always be differences of dates etc, because information that was available at day 1 gets superceded by that which comes from another publication, weeks, sometimes days later.
I recently id'ed glass for a certain publication, which, with the arrival of a single copy of a trade journal, a day later, identified several pieces attributed to other designers, and have been "gospel" for 10-15 years in the west, had to be changed. I had said to the publishers the day before, "thats ok, go with it".

This may have been a humorous post, but it sailed damned close to the wind. A litigious person would have had your guts for garters.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 11:18:45 PM »
Please forgive me, I know I'm new, and shouldn't really be sticking my nose in!

I think Taylog was playfully referring to 'detecting plagiarism', rather than being disrespectful to two earnest members.

In my mind, Taylog reminded me of cartographers.  They sometimes add false town names or tributarys to their maps in order to detect other folk using their highly paid for expertise in their own maps for nothing.

I have a feeling that there was a high profile case in the last couple of years in which a company successfully sued over plagiarism of maps (was it the AA?), due to copying a false river tributary which was deliberately added for this very reason.

Sorry, I know I'm new....but I can't help myself adding my bit.   Hope you don't mind.

Max xx
I am not a man

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 06:55:07 AM »
Thanks, Max. I have no problem admitting there are a few control facts in the A-Z book, but Paul Kedelv it ain't.  And I'm not going to tell you which ones they are... that would defeat the purpose. 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand