No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT  (Read 8831 times)

Offline Leni

• Members
STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 11:37:24 PM »
Quote from: "aa"

Do you mean the bit in the box as above...now I really am gonna feel dumb if this goes pear shaped.

Thanks Gareth and Max. I'll have a go, but I think glass blowing is a lot less tricky.  :lol:

In your first 'quote' you actually put a backslash, that is / before the word 'quote'.  It didn't work because this is how you *close* a quote.  If you just put the word quote in square brackets *before* what you are quoting and backslash quote, that is /quote, in square brackets *after* the words you are quoting, it comes out as above.  

You can just click on the quote option in the previous message and write your words underneath what appears, or you can insert  'square brackets backslash quote' part of the way through, insert your own words and then put 'square brackets quote' again to continue the words in the previous message.  

Just remember to always open a quote like this {quote} and close it like this {/quote} except that the brackets should be the square ones, of course.  I can't actually do it to show you, 'cos if I do it just inserts a quote!  

Hope that's not too complicated!   :shock:

Leni

(Actually, it took me ages to work it out myself  :lol: )
Leni

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 12:08:22 AM »
Quote from: "aa"
could it be a mac thing? I'll try again tomorrow

No Adam, (show off  :lol: )

It is not the quote button in the reply form. Instead of using 'Reply' hit the quote button in the list ing display for the message you want to quote. Pheeeww what a lot of words .... just lift your eyes a little bit from HERE look to the right and then click quote... You are now reading my message in a reply message window.

You type your response after the last [ / quote ] command.

I expect to this message in a neat white box...NOW

:roll:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2005, 12:59:29 AM »
I find it easier to just use "Post Reply", then locate any text I wish to quote from a previous message (in the "Topic Review" window below this Posting one) and highlight and copy it (just like in a wordprocessor application, using the mouse).

I then paste it into my reply text wherever I need it.

After that, I highlight the pasted text (again with standard mouse operation) and just click once on the "Quote" button at the top of the Posting window - that adds the opening and closing "tags" without me having to worry about syntax and so forth.

This method works well for quoting several pieces of text from various previous responses.
KevinH

Anonymous

STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2005, 12:57:20 PM »
Quote from: "Frank"

Pheeeww what a lot of words ....
I expect to this message in a neat white box...NOW

:roll:

like this?

wow! it really does work.
Thanks Frank

Adam 8)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2005, 01:47:39 PM »
:idea:  :idea:  :idea:  Three light bulbs,  well done.

Offline mick

• Members
STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 07:45:50 PM »
Quote from: "Max"
You might not be 'a thicko' Gareth.  I've posted pics straight into a thread before, and couldn't tonight.  Couldn't work out why.

Max xx
hi max my name mick ive got some paperweights could u help me identerfy them

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
STRATHEARN PAPERWEIGHT
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 09:10:32 PM »
hi max my name mick ive got some paperweights could u help me identerfy them

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I'm not sure I'm the right person to ask Mick   :lol:  If you have a paperweight you'd like to discuss, please start a new topic in the Paperweight section and upload a photo (the way to do it is at the top of that section).  I'm sure someone will help you.   :D
I am not a man

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand